Three key industry professionals have come together to create a unique Group called, Healthy and Sustainable Food. This is to constantly examine what would be the results if people from different sectors were to collaborate on solutions to produce healthy, sustainable food ongoing. The Founders are:
- Barbara Bray MBE – Director – ALO Solutions
- Mark Driscoll – Director – Tasting The Future
- Jacqui Green – Director Viridis Associates
Their aim is to improve nutritional quality of food and availability for all socio-economic groups in the UK. They will do this by bringing individuals from different sectors together for projects on sustainable nutrition. With 3 core principles;
- Multidisciplinary working
- The need to have actors from different disciplines sharing best practice across
- Embedding the UN Sustainable development Goals (SDGs) in the work that they do
The disciplines that they engage with include: Agriculture, Health, Pharma, Finance ,Food Industry and Education.
Beanstalk Global is proud to host the first of a set of monthly Broadcasts for Healthy and Sustainable Food The first being on the topic of addressing food poverty. “What initiatives are there to improve access of healthy, sustainable food to all socio-economic groups?”
As well as the three founders on this Broadcast, we will also had live Dr Megan Blake from Food Ladders, Tom Amery, MD of The Watercress Company and Ben Thomas, Environment Manager from Waitrose & Partners.
Max MacGillivray of Beanstalk hosted the Broadcast.
Filmed late Sept 2020.
To view the recording, CLICK BELOW!